CNC stands for Computer Numerical Control, a modern technology used to produce complex and precise parts. CNC precision machining involves a highly advanced machine with computer-controlled cutting tools to quickly and accurately press out shapes from raw materials such as metals and plastics. CNC machining is often used in the automotive, aerospace, electronics, and engineering industries due to its high speed and accuracy compared to traditional manufacturing methods.
CNC machining is essential in the aerospace industry, as it allows engineers and technicians to manufacture precise components accurately and quickly. CNC machines can precisely cut metals, plastics, composites, and other materials necessary to create intricate aircraft components, including fuselage structures, seats, oxygen generation safety systems, valve components, housings, and more. Its ability to process complex three-dimensional shapes from diverse materials makes it invaluable for producing parts that are used in airplanes, helicopters, unmanned drones, satellites, and more.
The ease of controlling aerospace CNC machining makes it popular among aerospace industry professionals, who continue to develop new products incorporating the latest advancements in technology.
Aerospace CNC machining can be used in manufacturing various parts of aircraft, including:
1.Seat: Lightweight metals, especially aluminum, are extremely helpful in making aircraft seats using aerospace CNC machining.
2. Housing: Various shapes of aircraft housings need strong and vibrant materials. These materials are processed through CNC milling machines.
3. Bearing: Bearings play a critical role in the operation of an aircraft. Aerospace CNC machining is extremely helpful in manufacturing heat-resistant rods and bearings, which safeguard airspace operations.
4. Electric Connectors: Aerospace CNC machining technology is also helpful for manufacturing electric connectors, which is necessary to make workable electric systems for an aircraft.
5. Valve Component: CNC machining, including milling and turning, provides a highly efficient and cost-effective way of manufacturing different valve components of an aircraft.
6. Oxygen Generation Component: Aerospace CNC machining technology is also capable of manufacturing durable and temperature-resistant oxygen generation safety systems, which are vital in any aircraft.
The role of CNC machining in the aerospace industry is rising for a reason. This manufacturing method provides mammoth benefits for manufacturing different parts. Some of these benefits include:
- Different materials can be used in CNC machining
- Manufacturing can be done quickly
- Products are made within tight tolerances to make them workable in harsh conditions
- Easily scalable technology. It can be used to make prototypes as well as make parts in bulk.
- Accurate manufacturing due to pre-programmed computer algorithms.
- Cost-effective solution.
HordRT provides a range of CNC machining benefits that sets them apart from other players in the market. Some of the distinctions of HordRT are:
- Highly accurate designs with low error tolerance.
- A variety of materials are available, including magnesium, aluminum, stainless steel, plastic resins, and titanium, just to name a few.
- Capable of doing different types of CNC machining, including CNC milling and CNC turning.
- Fast turnover, with prototypes provided in just one day.
- Provides CNC machining finishing, which beautifies your products.
HordRT is an industry leader in CNC machining due to our broad customer base spanning over 50 countries. We have a production workshop in over 2000m2 areas which have served more than 1000 customers of varying industries to date. We have the ability to manufacture parts with 30% less cost compared to our competitors. We can provide you with manufactured parts without any minimum quantity ordered, not to mention that we are ISO 9001 & IATF 16949 certificated. Send us your requirements, and we will start working on your project in no time!